Tuesday, 29 December 2015

Diary of a broken ankle

So here we are post Christmas,and here Iam laid  in bed for what seems an eternity .

I’am writing this blog for me ,not to become the next big “famous blogger” I have never really seen how people can become famous from writing a blog ,I guess I don’t really understand how it all works,although I do know the power of the Internet and how something small can become world wide .

Anyway that’s enough I don’t see why I should justify myself too the whole world or blogging community ,my reasons for this blog is for me and no one else ,although if people do read it that would be nice .Its my first time trying blogging,Iam looking on this as more of a diary .

Shall I begin ,well November 30th I was taken too hospital and diagnosed with not one but two breaks in my ankle which needed an operation.

   

  

  

  

  

 I’am usually fit and healthy never had anything major happen until this ,yes I realise it could be worse and Iam grateful that Iam still here .What we don’t take into account is how much we reley on our body’s until that part of your body no longer functions or becomes no good .

It has been very hard lots of tears and frustration,not only frustrating for me but also my husband .Some days are better than others some nights I can’t sleep ,I guess it’s as Iam not exercising and using my muscles as much .

My parents live away so that’s hard although they came down just before Christmas and helped out loads cooked lots of meals, was so grateful it’s just a shame they live so far away ,and my husbands parents where away at the time and haven’t had chance too come down.

I’am very lucky we have good neighbours we’ve never really spoken much too each other not because we don’t want too but life just becomes busy ,working long hours etc .They have been away over Christmas but they called round today with a cup of tea ,a small gesture like that means the world too me ,I also enjoyed the tea .

Things that I hate about this I can’t even do the simplest of task like carry a cup ,carry food ,wash up dry up put pots away ,great you may think gets me out of housework but too be honest I’d rather do the house work and be back at work than sat laid up for weeks ,things like that we take for granted and moan about it I can’t wait to be back doing mundane jobs like putting washing away cleaning the bathroom and be back at work .

Christmas well it was one  I won’t forget,at the end of the day we had each other it would have been nice to spend it with the family but not meant too be .

You find out who your friends are ,Iam very lucky I have good friends I wish some of them lived closer then Mabey I’d not feel so isolated,good thing about technology there’s always text messages face time Facebook etc .Some friends aren’t what I thought they’d be but who needs friends like that ,friendships can slide and I can tell you it’s not through the lack of trying I don’t let it get me down no more ,I can count the real true friends on one hand but at least they are there for me !It can be lonely living down here I miss them .

I have two more weeks till Iam back at the hospital I can’t wait too get this cast off they weren’t made for comfort that’s for sure ,Iam assuming they will X-ray the ankle again even then it’ll be another two weeks till I can wieght bear properly .

I did get a mobile hairdresser in before Christmas i wanted too feel a little like my old self .I have managed to wash my own hair since but my god it just zapped the life out of me ,walking to the kitchen and back wears me out its so frustrating.

My Arse gets sore and have to keep moving so Iam not laid on it for too long ,trying to get the leg comfy especially as your trying to sleep is a joke no matter how many cushions and pillows you have to elevate the bloody thing ,lay there at night thinking about everything that can possibly go wrong and most of its in my head stupid imagination.

I’am itching to get mobile again ,it’s just so damm slow and I have no patience.

I do things like spay air freshener then I slip with the crutch and hurt my foot all over again and it’s really bloody painful then I’ll have a cry then I’ll have pain all evening in that foot ,I know I shouldn’t spray it but you don’t think your gonna bloody slip by doing something so simple .

I have to say Darren [the hubby] has been amazing there have been times I thought he couldn’t cope I think he has struggled with it he’s been waiting hand and foot for me ,cooked all the meals including Christmas dinner ,made sure I had breakfast before he went to work,even left me a sandwich for lunch some days ,made sure I had a cup and teabags ready out on the side,I have been able to manage making toast and warming soup up though I have to be carful with soup .He bought me a raised loo seat thing coz I couldn’t even get of the damned toilet without him at first,he’s put a bed down stairs ,our stairs are steep and a lose bannister it makes sense I stay down stairs for now,he’s attended all my appointments with me ,hell he even help the doctor plaster my leg that day I went into hospital,the nurse didn’t set my foot right and it made me feel all sick and dizzy he held my hand when the doctor had to set the foot right for the second time that day I had never felt pain like it,pretty sure you could hear me scream the hospital down .Iam not gonna lie though we also had some pretty nasty arguments it isn’t all sweetness ,but what marriage is its bloody hard work at times .

I’am taking injections in my stomach everyday sometimes they go in nice and easy sometimes they hurt like a bitch leaving Nasty bruises on my stomach .

I have eased of all the pain killers apart from today when I slipped took an Ibroprfen ,which reminds me I need another .

I can be laid in bed and I get like movements like a jolt in the ankle and it makes me jump usually happens before I fall asleep if I do sleep .

If anyone by a small minuscule reads /sees this I’d be interested to know Iam not on my own .

About these ads

Occasionally, some of your visitors may see an advertisement here.

Tell me more | Dismiss this message

Broken ankle 

No comments:

Post a Comment